Sunday, September 2, 2012

Fraternal Twins


More twins, would you beleive?  I've been experimenting with some new paper the last few weeks, this grey stuff I planned to just sketch on but as it turns out it's terrible to draw on, but dreamy to paint on. Watercolours aren't opaque enough for it so this is all gouache and coloured pencil. This was my third attempt at this, as the first two times i rubbed out the underdrawing too much and the paper completely disintegrated. It's also pretty hard to scan, so the colours don't look quite right here...

This week i've stopped eating wheat and dairy. Wheat for just a little bit... i like bread too much to stop for real. I get stomach aches a lot, and i've always put it down to anxiety but i figured it was worth experimenting with diet and seeing if that works. I sort-of gave up dairy ages ago, but lately that damn cheese has been creeping back in (..to my mouth ) so I'm putting a flat stop to it. Dairy does not agree with me. Anyway i'll see how my guts feel in a week or two or three.


Here's a nice photo my friend Sarah took of me when we went to the Botanic gardens last week. There is a nice blog post about it over on Battle Sisters

3 comments:

irene said...

lovely! how is your search for a tattooing apprentiship going? best of luck! x

Battle Sisters said...

Oh no! I made you eat cheese at my house ~ and wheat beer. What a shit friend :( Heart you - Sarah

Devon said...

No luck so far, Irene, but i haven't actually sent out any portfolios so it is a bit much to expect the universe to just hand me an apprenticeship from nowhere!

Silly Sarah, that was the day before I started, my goodbye to cheese and wheat <3