Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Auckland Art and Craft Fair

I am back from Auckland.

It was nice to get away for a week, and the fair was very fun. I'm still pretty tired from staying in a hostel, and my body is pretty beat from eating so much junk food (although it was delicious). Sarah and I found this little bakery/bread shop just up the road from where we were staying, and we ate so many little milk pudding things. So good. I'm glad they don't have them in my city or my butt would be twice it's size.

Anyway, the fair! The night before we made a mock-up table, which was lucky as I doubt my brain was functioning well enough on the actual day to plan it out nicely. The venue was great (although our table suffered a lot of 'bottlenecking' as it was in a funny little corner spot) and the whole fair was insanely busy the entire time.

Here's our table (Sarah made the rad banner):



and some close-ups:
Sarah's side:
All my little brooches and things (some of these are still available) in little boxes Sarah made:


I didn't get a chance to take any photos of other people's stalls, which is a shame. Some people really had amazing displays, but i was (literally) stuck behind our table. I managed to squeeze out once to go to the bathroom and it was so tricky I just stayed behind the table after that. We ate alot of satsumas. Hopefully other people did and there are some on the internet somewhere. I also didn't get a chance to buy anything.. I had planned to at the end of the day but I had a hideous fit of shyness and was too scared to talk to the other stall holders, even though lots of them were lovely and bought things from me. I think i will try and email people whose things I liked and organise trades....

I met lots of neat people, and I do apologise for my lack of social skills.

2 comments:

Ms. Dee said...

Ooh, I love how you set it up, all of your little treasures together look so sweet!

Samantha Rose McDonald said...

You two are my absolute favorite. I so wished that I lived in NZ so I could meet you. This booth is so adorable. Love the tablecloth/sign.

xoxo